RSS

Clos du Bois Merlot 2004




Name:

Clos du Bois Merlot

Rating:4 Stars
Winery:Clos du Bois
Vintage:2004
Varietal:90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% other
Country:United States
Region:California: Sonoma County
Retail Price:15.99 USD
Alcohol:13.5%


I was sitting on the front porch of my houseboat this past Friday evening and Lucinda and I opened a bottle of Clos du Bois Merlot. It had been a particularly frustrating day and we were ready to see it come to an end. We opened this bottle and poured our first glass. The first thing we noticed was the color of the wine. It was a deep ruby red and it even "looked" silky as we poured it into our glasses. The bouquet of the wine was rather inviting and seemed to beckon to us to drink it. I cant say that I detected any currants or vanilla or black cherries, but it just smelled good.The look of the wine was not deceiving. It tasted as silky as it poured.The wine had a strong finish, or should I say a long finish as the flavor sat on the back of my throat and tongue. With each sip I could feel the stress of the day washing away. We did not drink this wine with any meal, yet I would recommend it as a great pairing with just about anything, even a great big juicy grilled burger. Now, for the rating part. I would have to definitely give this a 4 Star rating.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment