RSS

Novice Wine Snob is now Novice Wine Blog

After several years of running my own business, I have been approached and have decided to sell the business and retire. Now that I have a lot of free time on my hands, I have decided to start a wine blog for the wine challenged (like me). I wanted to do this as a way to chronicle my learning experience from total wine novice to someone who might be able to talk intelligently about wine.

I initially set up a blog over at wordpress called novicewinesnob.wordpress.com. This was a free hosted account and it was easy to use because it was wordpress. What I didn't like about it is the lack of customization, the inability to monetize the blog with adwords, the inability to install 3rd party scripts, and the fact that wordpress was randomly displaying adwords of their own on my blog. That really pissed me off.

I already had the google account that featured a link to set up a blogger.com blog, but I wasn't that familiar with the process.

After about 2 hours of tinkering around, I have launched Novice Wine Blog. I think I am going to like it here. I can monetize, install third party scripts, have full control of the templates, and I can install google analytics.

I dont know about the anti spam capabilities of this blog software just yet, but so far, I like it. Now all I need is a little love from Google.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Zarebski said...

Love Red wine...my favorite!

Post a Comment