RSS

Blue River Riesling 2006

Rating:3 Stars
Winery:Blue River Imports
Vintage:2004
Varietal:Riesling
Country:Germany
Region:Mosel-Saar-Ruwer
Retail Price:8.99 USD
Alcohol:9.5%


We prepared apricot poppy seed chicken with dill potatoes and opened a bottle of Blue River Riesling.

The Blue River Riesling has an alcohol content of 9.5% which in my opinion makes it a very light wine.

Inspecting the bottle, it reminds me of a Grey Goose Vodka bottle with frosted glass and a clear center with a colorful graphic in the background.

The wine is a clear blond color and fades on the edge of the wine glass. I asked Lucinda to take a sip and tell me what she tasted. She took a drink, paused, and described pear, peach, citrus, and a slight carbonation/effervescence. Wow, it was almost like she was reading the back of the bottle. I took a sip and was surprised to find hints of green apple mixed in with the peach and pear flavors of this mild wine. The wine had a pear/apple/peach aroma to match the taste.

The low alcohol content I believe contributed to the light short finish on the pallet. We found it to be a fun wine when paired with the right meal, or a fun wine just by itself. It was very light and refreshing and would make a great summer wine.

We purchased the wine at Sams Club for around 15 bucks.

Overall, we gave the wine a 3 out of 5.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this wine yesterday at an open house reception - it was a great wine! Light, sweet, with no tannins is my kind of wine! I "try" just about any riesling, then purchase it myself based on the taste (my perception). I looked for this wine, after the reception, in my local wine store - they didn't have it. I'll just keep looking because I really enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

I just had this wine last night at a party and loved it, but of course cannot find it anywhere. I have called the Sam's Clubs in IN and MI but no one seems to have it. Has anyone been able to find this wine lately?

Jeff Phillips said...

I saw it in Sams in Evansville IN two weeks ago.

Ginny Crandall said...

Wow. This is really interesting. I just happened upon your blog and find it to be intreguing. I don't drink much wine, but maybe I'll try some the next time I'm down at my <a href="http://www.bluesunproperties.com>panama city beach condo rentals</a>. Just a thought. Thanks for the info.

Post a Comment