RSS

Greg Norman Shiraz 2005




Name:

Greg Norman Shiraz

Rating:2 Stars
Winery:Greg Norman Estates
Vintage:2005
Varietal:Shiraz
Country:Australia
Region:Limestone Coast
Retail Price:14.99 USD
Alcohol:13.5%


Well, it's a good thing that Greg Norman can golf. I have searched the Internet for a similiar view of this wine, and everyone seems to love it. I had a hard time finishing this bottle. It is a reasonably priced wine (around $15.00) and it can be found easily enough.

The bottle and just about every other wine site talks about subtle tannins, and I found the wine to be bitter. The aroma was nice, the alcohol content was respectable, and the color was very nice. I just wasn't won over by the taste. I found it to lack the spicy/peppery tones of other shiraz wines that I have come to enjoy.

I give this wine a 2 out of 5 and recommend that for the price, you try it if you want. You may be dissapointed, but you won't be out a lot of money.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love Greg Norman wine. As withany wine, taste is what the taster likes. I found it just the opposite of your description.;the peppery and spicy taste. Oh well we can not agree on all things. Keep up the blog. I really enjoy it and I agree with your reveiws (most of the time)

Post a Comment